June 13th, 2019 by admin
Unified Communications (UC) is a phone system that can do more than perform basic phone calls and potentially make your business more efficient and productive. UC is simply a phone system that includes other forms of communication and enterprise software and applications that is accessed from a UC platform and delivered via the cloud. These features consist of web collaboration, instant messaging, email, mobile text, speech recognition, translation software, and more. Typically hosted phone and cloud PBX systems include some form of UC platform on their phones and is what sets cloud-based phones apart from their traditional and on-premises counterparts.
The benefits of unified communications or unified communications as a service (UCaaS) has proven results for businesses of all sizes; this includes cost-effectiveness, growth, innovation, and operational productivity, just to name a few. Some of the significant advantages of unified communications are:
- No heavy hardware or extra staffing. Unlike on-premises and traditional phone systems, hosted cloud phones don’t require that type of heavy equipment or servers. There is also no need to hire extra IT staff to manage hardware servers and networks, saving you in significant costs. Also, upgrades and updates are all done directly through the system.
- The ability to work anywhere. UC phone systems allow you to take your business on the road with the mobility and flexibility that the phones offer. You can take your phones when you are away from the office; and as long as you have broadband internet, you can work just like you would in the office.
- Better Security. Don’t allow your systems to keep you up at night. With our UC systems, you only have to deal with one provider, and the additional security protection that comes with your data being hosted in the cloud will give you peace of mind knowing that your business data is monitored 24/7 and remains safe.
- Improved customer and client interactions. Features included in UC like automated attendants, enhanced call routing, chat, and conferencing enhance overall interactions with callers. One call resolution improves due to callers being taken to the correct person or department, and agents can quickly speak with other agents with instant messaging.
- Fits the new generation of employees. Modern workplace environments are allowing more and more flexibility for a better work-life balance and a more improved company culture. Also, offering employees to bring their own device, allows your team to be more comfortable working on their own personal and preferable devices.
- Your business can run all the time, with 24/7 access for remote workers. You can have teams in different regions and areas of the world with UC. Remote workers have the ability to work after-hours, when local offices are closed, to increase business productivity.
The improvements that unified communications has made in the business world have been tremendous. It is a solution that is accessible to any type of business, from small business owners to corporations and enterprises. At Technolink of the Rockies, we offer a phone solution that will fit you with the features you need. You can customize a solution that will help your business, and if there is software that is no longer beneficial for your operations, you can remove it at no extra cost. Unified communication is bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications.
Posted in: Solutions,